Top Ten Solutions For Garmin Nuvi Map Update Errors
Garmin is a multinational company which deals in Global Positioning System (GPS) devices. Some of its best known are GPS 276C, GPS map585 Marine GPS, Montana 680, GPSMAP 527 and Gamin “Nuvi”. However, sometimes even the best has flaws and you may face issues while handling your Garmin GPS. So hereby, we have listed all possible Garmin glitches and their fixes.
Below are the most common Garmin GPS Issues:
- Worn-out logic board
- Depleted Battery
- A fault in the power button
- lost satellite signals
- Downloading and uploading issues
- Sound Failure
- GPS locking up
- Sudden shut off while using
- Unresponsive touchscreen
- Fails to turn on
- Fails to detect signals
- How to Update Garmin
These problems can pull u out of our comfort zone and frustrate you out of nowhere. Moreover, the issues like poor display can cause the failure of Garmin Nuvi 1390. A loose or vibrating battery may cause the Garmin to keep shutting down during the use. The lack of a line of sight or an error in setting the satellite data may cause your Garmin Navi not to detect the satellite signals when it’s powered on.
Nowadays, most of the people choose to install GPS navigation systems thanks to advanced GPS Navigation technology. But sometimes when you use your GPS unit you may inevitably come across certain problems. Some of these issues require an expert’s hand while some can be dealt with by users themselves. Here we present some of the most frequent problems that you might face while using your Garmin GPS unit.
- Garmin GPS fails to turn on:
- Make sure the key is turned on to the ACC or IGNITION position.
- Make sure that the power cord is connected to the GPS unit
- Check the fuse behind the GPS or in the radio system. If it’s blown, change it with a fresh one.
- Check for the battery. If it has a flat battery recharge the battery or replaces it with a new one.
- Also, check the battery of its remote control. If it is running out replace it.
- There is no sound output
- Make sure that the wires of both the speakers are connected properly to the GPS as well as the speakers
- Make sure that your device is not muted
- Check all the left-right, rear, and front speakers by pressing “OSD” on the remote or by adjusting the “Audio” Option.
- The touchscreen is not calibrated
- Go to the “Menu” option
- Click on “Options”
- Select “System”
- Finally, choose “Calibration”.
- Unresponsive Touchscreen
- Try calibrating the screen and hold on for a few minutes as it takes some time after the calibration for the screen to respond.
- Still, if there is no response, then u must call Garmin Support and ask for immediate assistance
- There is no GPS reception
- Make sure that the GPS reception is plugged in properly
- This possibility may arise due to no GPS reception in your area. Contact Garmin Support in order to resolve this problem.
- GPS device is unable to pinpoint the current location
- Make sure that you have latest Garmin Maps update as older maps do not cover some remote areas…
- Toggle your GPS
- The easiest and quickest way to solve your problem is to toggle your GPS so that it gets a chance to refresh itself.
- You can turn the GPS on or off from the notifications shade of your Check if the problem you have been facing has been fixed.
- Toggle Airplane mode
- Switch the Airplane mode on and then off again after 15-20 seconds.
- Turn on and Turn off of airplane mode may help in solving Network & updating issues.
- Remove the phone case
- Your phone case can cause an obstruction to the GPS.
- Sometimes update of Garmin map may affect due to the network issue caused by phone case.
- Power saving mode
- These were some of the common Garmin GPS issues, with their best possible fixes. I hope that with these basic solutions, you’ll be able to get rid of small GPS glitches and get back to your navigation.
How do I Update My Garmin GPS?
If you think about how to update my Garmin GPS?
Having a GPS in your car is widely useful, means no hollering at Siri, no pulling over to search for an address. Just say that where you want to go and boom, you’re on your way. However, your Garmin needs to have a current and updated list of all the mapped roads and highways in order to be effective. We’ve all been in a situation where the GPS starts taking you down a dark road that twists and turns until you find yourself at a dead end
Streets and routes change constantly and if u don’t keep your GPS current, you’re bound to be that person sitting in the middle of nowhere cursing at your dashboard. Fortunately keeping your GPS unit updated is easy, especially with Garmin Nuvi Map Updates. which essentially reduces it to plugging the device into your computer and letting the software run its magic. You can use whether you’ve got a Drive, Drive Assist, ‘Nuvi’ or any other model in Garmin’s line up. Here’s an easy, step by step instruction on “How to update my Garmin GPS”:
Step 1. Connect your device to your computer
Before beginning the update, date, you’ll have to connect your Garmin GPS device to your computer. To do this discard it from your car, truck or motorcycle and make sure the device is powered on. Using a mini USB cable, turn the GPS to your laptop device and wait while the progress bar scrolls. If you have mounted the device before, prompts should begin automatically. If it’s your first time, you may require to manually log in to your Garmin account before starting.
Step 2. Install Garmin Express
Next, you will need to make sure Garmin Express is installed on your computer by navigating to the Garmin express download page and selecting either “Download for Windows” or “Download for Mac”. Once the appropriate file downloads and follow the onscreen prompts. As mentioned above Garmin Express works with all GPS units including Drive Safe, Drive. And this may help in regular touch with Garmin GPS updates.
Step 3. Access or purchase Updates
Now it’s time to install your updates. If Garmin Express hasn’t already opened on your computer after installing, click and select it, and make sure your internet connection is working properly. Click “Add a Device” and locate your GPS. The app will search for available updates and offer you a list. You can update map on Garmin Nuvi to get better service Click “Select All”, and keep your device connected while the updates install. Once complete you will have all the available apps that are free or come standard with your device. If you didn’t purchase lifetime updates, you may have to purchase them at this time.
Step 4. Disconnect your device
When you’ve finished installing the free updates map on Garmin Nuvi (or purchased anything new), Select “Eject” to safely disconnect your device and unplug the USB Cable. Once unplugged, simply install your GPS in your desired vehicle and rest assured your directions will (hopefully) be accurate.