05 Dec How to update map on Garmin? Dial 1-845-481-1290 (Toll Free)
The Garmin Express application is used to update maps and device software on compatible GPS devices.
- Download the Garmin Express application
- Install the application on the computer
- Connect a compatible Garmin device
- Navigate the on-screen prompts
The Garmin Express application will update the maps and/or software on the device. Onetime and Lifetime Updates purchased need to be activated before Garmin Express will recognize them. City Navigator map update purchases must be activated to a specific device prior to downloading the update.
Map updates purchased through Garmin Express are activated at the end of the purchase process by clicking on the Activate button. A map update purchased through the Garmin website requires activation through a myGarmin account before the start of the map update process.
To activate the map on the myGarmin website:
- Connect the GPS device to the computer
- Sign into the my Garmin account used to make the purchase
- Click on the myMaps tab
- Under “Recent Map Purchases”, click the drop down box and select the device
- If prompted, download and install the Garmin Communicator Plugin (For additional support installing the Garmin Communicator Plugin, refer to How do I install the Garmin Communicator Plugin)
- Follow prompts to download and install Garmin Express to the computer
Once the purchase is activated, the map will be installed using Garmin Express. Garmin map update offers following services:
- Lifetime map update services: We help you update Lifetime map services.
- One Time map update Service: We help you update and install one time maps.
The greatest thing about our map service is that we offer free lifetime update on garmin nuvi. If you purchase a nüMaps Lifetime subscription (sold separately or bundled together with certain GPS models), you will receive up to 4 map data updates per year, when and as such updates are made available on Garmin’s website, for 1 compatible Garmin product until your product’s useful life expires or Garmin no longer receives map data from its third party supplier, whichever is shorter.